Let's try something a little different.
You guys seem pretty interested in getting a little more in depth with the inner working of AE and you can't get much more inner workings than asking your questions to the AE staff themselves so I'm going to give you that chance. If this first one works out and people have fun then I'll do another as time permits.
I know that we've had interviews before but those weren't YOUR questions. I know that most of us have Twitters but it's hard to find to time to answer the personal stuff. This will force the staff member to slow down, take some time out and actually answer the question that you have.
Here's How It Will Work
- I will present the names of FIVE AE Staff below.
- Vote for your choice by posting their name in the comments below.
- Voting closes at Noon (EST, AQW server time) on Monday, July 28th and I will count up the votes.
- Any votes for people not listed below will be completely ignored.
- On Monday, I will announce who you guys picked.
- Once you guys have chosen your staff member, you will ask questions in the comment section of that thread (NOT this one, those will also be ignored).
- I will then ask the Dev your questions interview style and will post them in a third post.
The AE staff member gets to answer or NOT answer any questions that they like but you can ask anything as long as the question is serious and not flat-out rude. The questions can be about he games that they have worked on, their NPC in the games, their real life (hobbies, favorites books, games movies, foods, worst fear, biggest influences, if they can change a tire, etc), their experience (advice for aspiring devs, etc) or general questions (tips for life, how to get someone to fall in love with you, secret to eternal life if they have proven to be immortal, how to boil an egg, etc).
TRY to keep them short, please. Try to limit it to one question per person unless you have a few REALLY good ones.
As you can see we've left it pretty open ended because we want you guys to feel like you can really ask us just about anything. We've gotten to know quite a few of you over the years through the games, social media and hanging out with you at DragonCon. We want to give everyone the same chance to get to know us.
AE STAFF SELECTION
- Faith, Former head of HeroMart, current executive manager and coordinator for the Secret Underground Lab.
- Titan, Technical Lead for EpicDuel
- Rolith, Former Technical Lead on several AE games, current programmer for AE Mobile Projects. (Project OMNI)
- Stratos, Lead Tester and Testing Coordinator for Artix Entertainment.
- Cysero, It's only fair that I put myself in here the first time with the rest of the test guinea pigs.
Once Again, VOTING ENDS MONDAY, JULY 28TH AT NOON EST. Voting begins now.