Project Progress: 91%
We have created 484 crazy quests (Up from 256). There is a really impressive amount of content in this game. When we launch it, it will definately be our single largest release yet. If we are mathing right... there is a solid 40 to 60 hours of gameplay at launch. We are currently testing and fixing a mountain of bugs. A mountain of bugs known as "BUG MOUNTAIN!"
The official release date is: "When bug mountian has been defeated!"
What is BattleGems?
BattleGems is our first "Major" mobile game. It is a highly addictive fantasy puzzle-rpg that is notoriously simple yet surprisingly deep. If you have been following our progress from the start, you know that this project is far more important than just making a mobile game. BattleGems is our first step in Project Omni-- a development process of creating games that will play seemlessly across all devices including phones, tablets, web browsers and toasters. Our dream is that BattleGems will be a success... and then our other hit web games, including AdventureQuest Worlds, will evolve to become Omni Games too. In the future, you will be able to play our games on any device, anywhere, at any time.
All the techie stuff aside... BattleGems is crazy fun!
- Huge Scrolling world map with all 484 Quests
- Defeating Quests will...
1.) Give you a skill, an item, bonus gold or a boss power
2.) Level you up!
- You can see your friends progress on the map (This uses Facebook)
- We wrote all the starting and ending dialog for the 484 quests... *falls over*...
- 159 Unique "AE drawn" Monsters
- OMG... so many weapons, armors, & pets!
- The game was designed so that you can and want to own EVERY item in the entire game.
- Items cost gold or come from quests (there are no AdventureCoins in BattleGems)
- Just owning an item increases your power. (Mo' items = Mo' Power!)
- Equip anything you want and look however you want.
- Game Board Mechanics
- Slime maps
- Cage Maps
- Rock Maps
- Lava Maps
- Monster Immunity & Resistance
- Other "untested" mechanics... we um, are going to stop trying to add new things at this point and finish what we have.
- PvP "preview" which allows you to fight your friends (Scoring & leaderboards scheduled for Phase II)
- Photo Ops! The iSword 5 has a camera that lets you take selfies after PvP battles and boss fights.
- The game is free to play.
- You can upgrade to Founder for a one time fee (just like the original AdventureQuest) $9.99
- Gives infinate turns
- Permanent +30% Gold Boost
- Includes Skeleton Key (instantly unlocks all areas)
- DragonKnight weapon & armor set
- Allows you to link your account to AQWorlds and also gives you the DragonKnight weapon and armor set in AQWorlds.
Thoughts about BattleGems
I am so excited that I will finally get to play BattleGems soon! You are probably thinking, "But you are testing it right now!?" -- to which I must reply, this stage of testing is insanely frustrating. I am looking forward to the work finally being done, resetting my character to the start of the game... then, when the game is live, racing you and the other players to Mount Death Dread Doom Skull!
Oh, some other things!
- We had a NPC named "Hero" but everyone kept calling him Artix. So we finally broke down and just re-named him Artix.
- I just want to call this now... Grim is going to be your new favorite character. Kiki, Myst, Thok, and Omni are all cool... but Grim has some serious psychological issues which instantly catapulted him to my new favorite.
- I wisely changed my mind about naming every major villain after different manufacturers of Toilets. Some of the Boss Monsters required much cooler and more serious names. However, you can STILL find Kohler, Zurn and Toto in game :-)
- We added Galanoth the Dragonslayer as an NPC... you can find him in second area, the Dragon Peaks which is a crazy Dragon area with four dragon minibosses and a mega dragon boss.
- The end of the game is now 22 amazing boss fights.
As we get closer I am going to start posting to you more. Be sure to follow the game on Facebook if you not following already!