"Now with storytime!"
Each Wednesday I am start the day by walking around the lab and tell you things I see going on...
AdventureQuest 3D & Mobile
We sure seem to be in perma-crunch time these days. Our newest round of work on the AdventureQuest 3D characters has really seemed to hit the mark. Xero (3D Modeler) finished the gazzillion changes to the female late last night. Korin (3D animator) has been animating their new idle and combat poses. If it seems like we are doing this over... and over.. and over... that is just because -- we are! this game has to be more perfect then anything we have ever put out before. Minimal & Zhoom are still working on the combat system. It is pretty complex... far more complex than AQWorld's system. Minimal has his heart set on being able to support 40+ person raids. I have been working with the team during the days... on nights and weekends I have been working with Warlic on building mobile games. Last night we discovered that we can sneak extra data into graphic files. This is pretty amazing. It means instead of sending you two files... we can just send a graphic, and it will already contain all of the information on how to place, animate, etc the monster, character or weapon.
DragonFable's Valentines Day Event
Last year was the wedding of two of our most beloved team members, Rolith and Alina. (Fan art by ~TomeOfFaith) They had both worked together on DragonFable before Alina was promoted to co-lead of AdventureQuest Worlds and Rolith went on to create the multiplayer server for Oversoul. In fact, Rolith proposed to Alina in an amazing old-spice parody quest inside DragonFable. This explains why DragonFable players were furious when the in-game wedding event for their favorite developers took place in AdventureQuest Worlds instead of DragonFable! This Valentines Day... the DragonFable Team is rectifying that issue... with a twist. They are going to tell the story, just prior to the wedding. With a fair amount of focus on Rolith's bachelor party. Based on the real life bachelor party his best man threw him... which was *coughs* Artix. Now, you are probably thinking, "Artix!?!?! He does not drink, nor anything bad and in general is way too goodie two shoes to throw a worthy bachelor party." -- until you find out that all of the bad stuff was replaced with incredible amounts of combativie violence. Earlier that morning radio announcers were talking about a bunch of old WWF wrestlers were in Tampa preparing for an unspecified private event. But if you want the full story... and the pictures I promised... then be sure to check out DragonFable's very special Valentines Day event and posts :-)
Other random Artix Entertainment going ons!
- EpicDuel is REALLY close to launching their Omega release.
- Oversoul launched the friends system and an undead dungeon with a boss monster, Degore. The team is now building "artifiacts."
- Samba is doing live streams on Friday!
- Miko & Draven made a snazzy new design for the AQWorlds Payment Page
- Did you already see AQWorld's new Character Creation design?
- Diozz drew an AMAZING Galanoth picture that will be the header of a special AQWorlds email being sent to players this week. Be sure your email is up to date and verified.
- Is Chairman Platinum a good villain?
- Phase 2 of Artix.com is still underway. Progress was slowed down by an endless sea of other issues popping up around the network -- but it looks like Nythera's new player support pages will be completed first then the account mangement.
- AdventureQuest World's programming team is overwhelmed. They hit the max lines of code to compile the game client (again... for the 5th time) and are now chopping up the game engine into smaller pieces. This has been an ongoing source of frustration and why the Guilds project has kept being delayed. Also, they are addressing a critical error that prevents some players from loading the game on their first try and the walking speed hack. I warn anyone against using the walking speed hack -- as soon as the fix goes in (hopefully today), it will auto ban anyone who even attempts to do it.
- Dage has been spending his spare time learning how to make armor in real life. He is REALLY into it...
- HeroMart - we approved two new samples. The Chicken Cow (Bawk 2) shirt and a new, more blood red, ShadowScythe T-shirt. Those are going to print now and should be available next week.
- All of the game teams are hard at work on their new releases for this Thursday/Friday
Question: What are you more interested in playing? AdventureQuest 3D in your browser OR AdventureQuest Mobile on your phone or tablet?