AE Brand and Assets Usage
Artix Entertainment Name, Brand, and Assets Usage Guidelines
We love seeing members of our community inspired by the games and products we create! We’ve received many requests to use or display content created by Artix Entertainment to help you share your videos, fan art, and websites, or to show off in-game accomplishments and contributions. We are happy to help you do that! We just ask that anything you create follows our Terms and Conditions and specifies which content was created by Artix Entertainment (art, music, design, etc).
Before using Artix Entertainment content, make sure your creation:
- Includes a link to Artix.com and the website of the game you are displaying in the description of the page, channel, or site you create
- Does not claim to be made by a member or representative of Artix Entertainment
- DOES NOT promote, endorse, or include videos, graphics, or guides showing cheating, hacking, phishing, or other activities that violate our Terms and Conditions
- Complies with the Guidelines listed below
This helps us:
- Avoid confusion about what Artix Entertainment creates, is connected to, or endorses
- Keep members of our community safe and prevents our name, brand, and assets from being used to take advantage of other people (Remember, AE team members will NEVER ask you for your password, credit card, or account information!)
These Guidelines are intended to help everyone understand what you can and cannot safely (and legally) do when you are using Artix Entertainment’s intellectual property without having to ask for permission first. They will be updated as needed.
If you have additional questions or see anyone using Artix Entertainment’s intellectual property in a way that doesn’t follow the guidelines below (like hacking/phishing websites, private servers, or other copyright violations), please contact us using our Copyright Violation form.
These Guidelines cover the use of the Artix Entertainment Brand and all assets created by Artix Entertainment for any and all of its products. For these purposes, therefore when we refer to:
- The Artix Entertainment Name refers to the name Artix Entertainment and any confusingly similar name;
- The Artix Entertainment Brand refers to the Artix Entertainment Name and the related logos and distinctive characteristics of Artix Entertainment and any of its products;
- The Artix Entertainment Assets refers to the code, software, graphics, textures, sound, and audio created by Artix Entertainment.
- All guidelines put in place for the Artix Entertainment Name, Brand, and Assets extend to any existing or future products created by Artix Entertainment (ex. AdventureQuest Worlds).
These Guidelines apply in addition to and not in place of the Artix Entertainment Terms and Conditions. Please remember that in those terms, you agree not to impersonate any member of the Artix Entertainment staff, or in any way prevent other users from enjoying Artix Entertainment products. This also means you may not make any commercial use of anything we've made or modified versions of anything we've made, nor use our Name or Assets to falsely represent yourself as a member of the Artix Entertainment staff.
If you are going to use the Artix Entertainment Brand, Name, or Assets in any way, the following Essential Requirements apply. If you are allowed to use any part of the Artix Entertainment Name, Artix Entertainment Brand, and/or the Artix Entertainment Assets then what you are doing MUST:
- Include links to Artix.com and the website of any product being featured in your work;
- Comply with the Artix Entertainment Terms and Condition;
- Sufficiently differentiate the use of the Artix Entertainment Name from any other branding
- NOT use Artix Entertainment Assets to recreate Artix Entertainment products (ex – creating private game servers) or sell derivations thereof
- NOT make people think that you or what you are doing is official; approved or endorsed by Artix Entertainment; or associated or connected with us;
- NOT be unlawful, deceptive, obscene, harmful, or disparaging;
- NOT adversely affect the Artix Entertainment Brand or Artix Entertainment Assets;
- NOT include anything else around it that makes people think that you or what you are doing is official; approved or endorsed by us; or associated or connected with us
Ways you can use our Name, Brand, and Assets
- Display gameplay footage (ex - uploading it to video sharing sites like Youtube)
- Create websites or forums to discuss Artix Entertainment and its products or activities
- Post videos, screenshots, independently-created fan art or stories online
For Non-Commercial Uses (including information about YouTube advertisements)
If you want to use the Artix Entertainment Name in the title of a product that you distribute or service that you provide free of charge, then you must:
- Do so in a way that honestly and fairly describes those things or the purpose of them
- Ensure that the Artix Entertainment Name (which includes any confusingly similar name) is not the first word
- Ensure your product or service does not use any other aspect of the Artix Entertainment Brand or Artix Entertainment Assets as part of any related branding, including as or as part of any logo
This applies especially if you want to set up and run blogs, community forums, fan sites, fan clubs, news groups, events, and gatherings.
Commercial Uses (including information about YouTube monetization)
You may not make commercial use of the Artix Entertainment Name, Brand, or Assets. For example, you may not sell any merchandise that uses the Artix Entertainment Brand, Name, Assets or those of any product created by Artix Entertainment. If you upload videos of gameplay to video sharing and streaming sites (like YouTube) you are allowed to put ads on them (also known as “monetizing”).
If you want to use the Artix Entertainment Name in the title of a product that you distribute or service that you provide and plan to charge money for, then you must:
- Contact us before publishing or distributing your product or service: http://portal.battleon.com/contact.asp
You may use the Artix Entertainment Name as a secondary name or title on YouTube, or any other website if you:
- Do so because it is necessary to honestly and fairly describe those things or the purpose of them
- Follow the Essential Requirements
- Ensure that the Artix Entertainment Name (or any confusingly similar name) is not the dominant element or the distinctive part of the complete name or title of what you are doing;
- Do not use any other aspect of the Artix Entertainment Brand or Artix Entertainment Assets as part of any related branding, including as or as part of any logo.
If permission for something you wish to do is specifically covered by these Guidelines and doesn’t violate Artix Entertainment’s Terms and Conditions, then you do not need to contact us. If you would like to create, display, or distribute content in a way that isn’t listed here, please do not do so without getting permission first. You can contact us at: http://portal.battleon.com/contact.asp
Contact us before publishing or distributing your product or service:http://portal.battleon.com/contact.asp